We operate a large haulage fleet, over 600 trailers and associated forklifts, cars, vans etc. operating throughout the U.K. and Ireland.
The Company would like to appoint an Operations Manager based at Warwick Heathcote. This is a new role to assist and support the existing Depot Manager and allow for growth of the Automotive Business Unit while providing a great opportunity for personal development. Although not essential, previous experience in the Automotive Business would be a distinct advantage.
The requirements of the position are:
- An honest motivated individual who is willing to commit themselves with high personal motivation and a drive to provide a perfect service.
- Must have a desire to be attentive to detail and no job is too small to ensure the job is done to contract and as efficiently as possible.
- In depth transport knowledge of drivers hours and vehicle legislation.
- Good knowledge of Excel/Word/PowerPoint and fast inputting skills.
- Energetic and good work ethic.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours to ensure work is done correctly and efficiently.
- Time management is a must and also the ability to prioritise, as well as answering every customer question in a timely and precise fashion.
- A record of leadership, good organisational skills, positivity and man management.
- Good commercial and financial acumen. An ability to make the correct decision under pressure and then reflect and improve. Ability to acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
The successful applicant will need to come from a Haulage background.
Location will be at our Heathcote Depot in Warwick and the successful candidate will act as a Deputy to the Depot Manager at Heathcote, providing cover when he is absent or on holiday.
Applications in confidence to the Managing Director:
A J Miles
Maxi Haulage Ltd.